Saturday, August 29, 2009

Chapters 21-23 (Emma)

Bostan Said............


I thought these chapters were good. Not my favorite in a chapter grouping, but i thought they were brought out good and were important to the story. The part where everyone got the news of Mr. E's up coming marriage was interesting. I loved the part when Mr. Knightley was about to say it and got interrupted, and i loved the image in my head of Emma's reaction to the news. Love it! And i also am glad that finally Mr. Churchill came, He was brought in differently than in the movie, but nicely at that. Oh and going back a while i am sad for the confused Harriet. She is very swayed. But lovable. Well can't wait to read more tomorrow. Gotta go, bye.


Lain Said...............

(Sorry for this jumbled up review. I had posted one prior to this, but it was deleted somehow, so I don't quite remember what I wrote, or exactly what the chapters were about. I do know that they were among my favorites. So sorry again.)

I think that these chapters were among the more serious in this book, which I think is why I liked them so much. I felt indefinitely bad for Harriet. She was really in love with Mr. Elton, and then her being unhappy about the account of her and Mr. Martin. I felt horrible, but it gave me hope of a further engagement between them. I dearly like Mr. Martin and his family, and think them wonderful people. But I still felt bad for Harriet for she was just so distressed about something. All in all I really liked these chapters, and I believe that I like Mr. Churchill. I am still not quite sure...... Till later....

No comments:

Post a Comment