Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Chapters 12-14 (Emma)

Bostan Said....

I liked these chapters again! I liked how Mr.Knightley came to visit and Emma and him made up and are friends again. Mr. Knightley has as much right as to see his sisters and brother as Mr. Woodhouse, but a little less if they were to stay over at his own house. The whole deal with Mr. Woodhouse and his older daughter was so funny to me, they are arguing (in a respectable way) about who's opinion of a man is better. She is so much like her father i think. And it was also funny when the party was attending the Weston's little party. Mr. Elton is acting very strange and it is puzzling Emma so much. She doesn't know what to do.

And i think it is good for her to fancy a guy, and Mr. Churchill is just the man for that. (Even though she has not met him yet)


Lain Said.......

I thought these chapters quite wonderful. I thought it hilarious in there disagreeing. And how Emma was still not caught up to Mr. Knightley in intellect, but she was indeed nearer. It just made me laugh. I could imagine the whole seen in my head. I still can't believe that Emma does not know that Mr. Elton LIKES her!!!! It is hilarious. I guess it is harder to tell when you are expecting one thing, and not the other. It is very comical to me, because all the signs CLEARLY point to him fancying Emma, but she does not see it at all. I also think it is good for to finally like a guy, even though she says she does not want to marry.........

No comments:

Post a Comment