Thursday, August 6, 2009

Chapters 18-20 (Emma)

Bostan Said....

In some parts these chapters were funny. Like for example i loved the visit to the Bates. It was very funny i thought. Emma not wanting to go other than being a friendly visitor and neighbor and Miss. Bate all joy and kindness with much to talk about and a mother who has to hear things repeated over two times to get their meaning. I know Emma must not dislike Miss. Jane as a person, but i think she dislikes the going on about her and all the fuss over one woman. That i think put a strain on her getting closer to her. Well i can't wait to read more...


Lain Said.....

I do have to say that I agree with Emma, on that hearing about a person over and over and OVER again, is truly annoying. Though, I do not think I would have judged her by that. I do say I have to disagree with Emma on her overall opinion of Jane Fairfax. I think her to be a kind person. I think the reason why she is so very reserved is that she does have some secrets, and some things that might be painful for her to talk about. In general, I feel sorry for her, because it really does show that she has in fact had a hard life. Both her parents died, and then she had to live of the good will of others, which to some people makes them feel bad about themselves. So all in all I like this Miss Jane, and hope to hear much more of her in the following chapters!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment