Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chapters 39-41 (Emma)

Bostan Said......

These chapters were a bit shorter, but none the less good. I found great amusement in the adventure with Harriet and the Gypsies. I can image her being frightened, I would be, but as her friend I would not have left her as her friend did. But i am also glad Mr. Churchill rescued her, and he must have found great amusement in doing so. And I think it is very big of Emma to hold back her ideas and suspicions. I always like the burning of the precious items, love it in every movie and the book. It is always comical of Harriet. I like her. And I also liked the last chapter, mostly it reflected Mr. Knightley's ideas and suspicions though as all of Jane Austen's books he is around women. Their is no scene with out the female voice or appearance. Mr. Knightley is very keen on not liking Frank. It is funny that he doesn't like him because he is the reasonable one who tries to at least vouch for someone.
Next chapters soon to come, loved them so far....


Lain Said.......

I really enjoyed these chapters even though they were on the short side. I have to say that I also found amusement in Harriet's meeting with the Gypsies. I think that Mr. Churchill enjoyed it, maybe a little to much. I am liking him less and less threw out the book. I was upset that he was teasing Miss Fairfax so!!! I think he is going to far with his teasing. I am curious how he did know about Mr. Perry and the carriage, I think it has something to do with Jane Fairfax telling him somehow. I am now with Mr. Knightley in his opinion of Mr. Churchill, and of a mutual understanding between him and Miss Fairfax.... I am very curious to see how this all turns out. I can't wait!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment