Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chapter 42-44 (Emma)

Bostan Said........

I really enjoyed these chapters, they were fun, interesting, and silly. The whole part on trying to go to Box Hill and then settling on Donwell. Mr. Knightley was actually being nice to Mrs. Elton and invited her so she could have her fun, though i think it was mostly because he is friends with Mr. Elton. (We'll they are a little, every one has to be friends with the clergy) And it goes on in detail about the party and many details that i won't go on about but i liked. I liked how Mr. K had Mr. Woodhouse entertained. And then their is the party at Box Hill which i loved! Mr. Churchill is a very agreeable person but i think he is anxious and Emma is tired of being stood up and watching him be pulled around by his aunt and commented all of the time. Though i still like him alot. And the things that Emma said to Miss. Bates!! They were very witty and funny, but they just should not have been said. I was very glad when Mr. K told her about her doing wrong, she needed it. Every one has to be put in their place sometime and i feel he didn't have very much time to do so because he said he had to do while he could. Though to end a good ending Emma made up with Miss. Bates and i am liking Jane much more but i wish i could like her better. Can't wait to read more.....


Lain Said............

I really enjoyed these chapters also. I really liked the party where they were at Donwell Abby. I thought it was a very good chapter, and they all seemed to enjoy it very well. I agree with with Mr. Knightley on that Emma was very mean to Miss Bates. I did feel indefinably bad for her. She can't help it, and I thought it very mean of Emma to say such a thing to her. I later did agree with Emma though. I did think that Box Hill was a complete failure. It was funny to read about though. I really do like Jane, I have from the beginning. I am glad that Emma is likening her better.... I am also glad that she and Miss Bates are on good terms. I feel bad for Jane, to be forced to go somewhere. I think it is horrible, and NONE of Mrs. Elton's business. Well I can't wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment